SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homegirlnh

Critique my plan, please!

homegirlnh
6 years ago

This is my first time ever planting a garden aside from a raised-bed veggie garden. This is new construction and I want to plant a small foundation garden by the path leading to the front door. The plot is about 15ft long and 4ft deep, sandy soil (I've added bagged garden soil, compost etc), and gets afternoon sun. (It faces west, and the sun comes sort of diagonally over the building--only the building's right side gets morning light.) I'm in Zone 7 by the water, so warmer? I'm adapting a moon garden planting plan that a local nursery was offering: Strawberries across the front and then the other plants behind. I did dabble with putting a couple things in last year and some are still there: The climbing hydrangea, bunch of purple liatris and a peony. I may relocate the liatris since it's purple, and I want to add white liatris and a white delphinium, approximately where I put an X. Do any more experienced gardeners see anything to worry about? This is my small space--I need a Monte Don!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville