SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bouncingpig

Teaching Old Dogs New Tricks

bouncingpig
18 years ago

As I mentioned in my "Bouncing in" post, I will be in charge of doing the layout and all pre-press for our real estate book we are starting. I am beginning to get a bit paniced about it. I was a graphic designer and did this type of stuff for a living . . . pre-kids. Now, almost 14 years later, computers, programs and even methods of transmitting the documents are so different. I need to completely learn several new programs and the terms they use (always abbreviations) sound totally foreign to me. It's like having the stock market explained to me in Chinese! In the good ol' days when I was still in the field, learning another method was fun and exciting. Now, at 42, for some reason I find it quite intimidating. In fact I have tried (without success) to convince DH I am really not the right person for this job! While I feel like I have grown in confidence with "who I am" and am much more able to be myself and am comfortable in my own skin, I seem to have really become intimidated at learning new things.

Do any of you struggle with this or am I just a big ol' chicken? If you have, how did you overcome it or did you?

I know this isn't exactly "organizing", but doing this is going to be a rather large aspect of my life and it will affect how I handle and organize things in the rest of our lives.

Brenda

Comments (11)