SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldgirl_gw

Strange steakhouse experience

goldgirl
15 years ago

My husband is a big fan of high-end steakhouses and frequents them on business. I also enjoy them as an "occasion" splurge.

So the other night, he noticed a Don Shula steakhouse at a shopping center we visited in Pa. and we decided to have dinner. It's a bit kitschy compared to more traditional places like the Palm, but what really made me laugh was what happened we they brought out our steaks.

Now, I get that people are picky about the way expensive meat is cooked (we both like medium rare, so our only complaint would be if it were overcooked) and that this restaurant is into customer service.

But, the second they brought out the steaks the waitress insisted that we cut into the center at that very moment and then immediately PULLED OUT A PENLIGHT and lit up the steaks to show the color. The place wasn't even dark.

Maybe it was the margarita, but I almost burst out laughing because she had a slightly maniacal look on her face like the world had stopped until we gave the okay.

We had also ordered a chocolate soufflee for dessert but they were off with their timing and we ended up waiting and waiting. It finally arrived and as the same waitress cut into it she seemed a little upset with the consistency and hinted that she might take it back. A look of horror crossed DH's face - it could have been pudding and he would have devoured it. Fortunately, she deemed it acceptable ;)

Overall, we had a very nice meal, but a flashlight?!!

Sue

Comments (30)