SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

Strange experience

yborgal
13 years ago

Several years ago we had a thread going where some of us posted about supernatural or unexplained happenings we had experienced.

It happened again.

I was searching for alumni for our 50th reunion. I was having a difficult time finding one particular classmate but was able to track her to a town in MI.

I dialed a number that I found on People Finders and the phone was answered by a woman who sounded frail and elderly. I asked to speak to "Jane" and was told I had the wrong number. The woman identified herself as "Jane's" mother. She said "Jane" lived a mile down the road and then she gave me Jane's phone number.

I called; Jane answered; we spoke and she agreed to come to the reunion.

This weekend I learned Jane had moved to another state and I asked if her elderly mother had moved with her or if her Mom had remained in MI.

Jane looked at me and said her Mom had died 2½ years ago. I looked confused and I explained I had spoken with someone who claimed to be Jane's mother and had even gotten Jane's unlisted phone number from the woman I spoke with. I asked if she did live 1 mile down the road from her Mom. She said she did.

I know I could not have spoken with Jane's mother and yet there's no explanation for getting an unlisted phone number from a dead woman.

I called the original number and it's no longer in service.

Very, very strange.

Anyone else have a strange experience to share?

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!