SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
14 years ago

Sangria is a good thing, as Martha is wont to say. Adjusting to the heat and humidity and almost daily rain has been tough. Finally a cool front has come through and the temps is in the 60's and this is the first day I have actually felt comfortable. It's the first taste of fall. I hope it lasts. The cool weather makes exercising as close to a pleasure as it can be.

My simple repast this early evening is a cornish hen served with french style green beans, creamed corn, and store bought garlic bread sticks. I started this meal at 6:00 this morning by doctorin' up the hen with spices and placing it in the crock pot to slow cook all day. I love my crock pot, I do. It's a good thing, and a convenient thing. That's mostly all I have time for.

Dad has finally come around to the idea of assisted living. He's even picked the location. I am ambivalent about this. I am very disappointed in my siblings. Things work out, but not always the way one would wish it to do. I'm just not sure I would fit in well with the bureaucracy that is government run high school.

Did I mention that vanilla ice cream and sangria combine to a most pleasant tasting combo? Who knew?

I miss taking English classes. Guess it's time to check out what classes are offered in the spring. It's time to start graduate level classes, methinks. Maybe, just maybe, I may retire from math and teach English. Or teach both, on a high school level. I do like teaching kids, I do.

My muse and I are barely on speaking terms, but maybe that will change soon. After all, English is a nice balance to the Mathematics. Yin, yang, and all that.

Will spectate the University's soccer team this evening. It will be a strange experience for me, after all, most soccer games I have been to I have participated in in an active way. Spectating is a passive activity, and one I don't much care for.

I miss fall in North Alabama. It is with out doubt the most pleasant season of the year, weather wise.

Elia

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
More Discussions