SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
14 years ago

The semester and school year comes to an end soon. Haven't decided if I want to stay here in Mobile or move home. Seriously thinking of retiring, or maybe finding some high school here in Mobile or back home and teach there. Lord knows the system needs more quality teachers. I know, I see what comes out of high school these days.

Will hang around Mobile for at least another month; there are still plenty of play opportunities left.

With the oil slick coming closer to shore, the governor has order Dauphin Island ringed with booms to protect the beaches and wildlife. Hope they work, if not, I will hang around and help with the clean up. The world will definitely be better off when all the alternative energy sources can replace totally the energy that is oil and gas based.

Have my summer planned running in local road races and three triathlons. And swimming and sailing. The fitness plan I have followed for the past two year is finally paying off in spades. Physically, I feel like I am thirty again. One of the runners that I have met on the series of races down here is my hero. He's 67 and still runs a sub 20 minute 5K.

Seems there's that yearly nag race coming up tomorrow. It's about the only time I will drink a mint julep. Need to by the liquor store and buy a modicum of decent whisky. I know Kentucky hooch is de rigeur, but I do prefer the Tennessee stuff better. Will go by a garden shop and buy a mint plant. Fresh is also so much more better. I miss my gardens.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions