SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
13 years ago

Not much to say today, except it's an ever so gorgeous day. Yes, it's a bit warm, 92 or so, but the humidity is no where to be found. It made for an excellent bike ride this afternoon. Have my average speed on the bike up to just over 20mph. Better yet,when I took my blood pressure just after riding it was the best of the day; 130/84. Not ideal but a whole lot better than it had been earlier this summer. Will run in a 5K in Athens tomorrow morning. Otherwise it will be a quiet weekend as I have no plans to do much of anything.

The pack is up to two once again. My neighbor's son's dog had a litter about 3 or so months ago and he had found a home for all but one. Until today. This dog is mixed breed, of course. I am seeing traits of three breeds. The body shows definite signs of a Labrador, the shape of the head and color of the coat suggest a bit of Irish setter. There's also a bit of Chow, as the pup has a two-toned tongue. The coat is a blend of light red, mainly around the ears, and a dark red on top and blending into a much darker red/brown on the leggings. His muzzle is longish and dark. This is going to be a big dog. My guess is that he will ge to be between 80 and 100 lbs.

Angel isn't all that pleased with no longer being the only dog in the pack. But I'm the alpha dog in the pack so it will work out.

I guess I really do have plans for the weekend now. Integrating a new dog into the household.

I will post a picture, but it will have to wait until the dog is sleeping. It has the energy of a lab, and the exuberance of a puppy.

I was holding out for another Dalmatian. No matter, though, the pack is still not up to speed so the opportunity is still there. I don't think this will be a three dog winter so I'm in no hurry, and can be patient in looking for a third dog to complete the pack.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions