SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
endorphinjunkie

Friday's Musin'

endorphinjunkie
13 years ago

A red, gold, and brown splash of color carpets the lawn. Color is still on most of the deciduous trees, though they will be bare in a week or two. Mums and pumpkins abound all around. Our first frost is predicted for tomorrow morning.

I am running in a 5K tomorrow morning. It's a Spooktacular race, and costumes are not required, but seriously encouraged. Gotta come up with something. Maybe tape small paper wings to my ankles. Wonder if I can find silver tights this afternoon.

Got a Hallowe'en party to attend Saturday evening. It's with the English Honor Society crowd. Come as your favourite character from literature. These people get creative. Me, well, I haven't worn my kilt in a while. So, I have procured a replica British sun helmet, 1880's style, and will combine that with other accouterments that I have laying around, sword and gun belt and such, and go to the party as Daniel Dravot. You know, the Man Who Would Be King, from a story by Kipling.

Also have to pick up some candy, for the non-existent Trick or Treaters. My favourite candy of course, because it will be me eating it in the days that follow. It's the only time of the year I indulge myself. I'm not worried about the calories; I am exercising enough to still be losing weight. Hey, I can get into my kilt again.

Hallowe'en has changed since I was a kid.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions