SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroleohio

Ceiling Fan in FR - White to match Ceiling?

CaroleOH
16 years ago

I am replacing the ceiling fan in my FR. It is on a 2 foot pole as the ceiling is fairly hight at the point where the fan is placed.

The one I had was solid white, and it sortof just blended into my ceiling - it was functional, but not a decorative part of the room. We use the fan mostly in summer, so for a good part of the year, it just hangs there!

I've been looking at the ORB colored fans and am struggling with whether I WANT the fan to be part of the decor or just blend in. When I look at the fancy blades/ORB metal etc. I worry I'll get tired of it. But, on the other hand for resale which potentially we could be facing in a few years, do you think people like a fancier ceiling fan or would be happy with a nondescript white one?

In my bedrooms I have all white because they're much closer to the ceiling, but in the FR, what do you think?

Here's a picture of it before we removed it - it was broken sortof hanging oddly! As I look at this photo, I'm wondering if it should be lower than it was? If it's lower, then maybe it should be ORB to match my furniture/window treatment hardware?

Comments (19)