SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmarletto

Windows for addition to historic home

lmarletto
17 years ago

I posted this in Windows - hoping to get more feedback here.

We are in the planning process for an addition to our 200yo home and are feeling a little overwhelmed with the simulated-divided-light window decision. We love the fact that the main house has all the original windows with the wavy glass and super skinny muntins (and sticky sashes, lol) and want the windows in the addition to look old, at least until you're right up next to them.

So far we have looked at Andersen Woodwright, Pella Architect, Jeld-Wen Pozzi and Marvin Infinity (or maybe Ultimate?) at local lumberyards. The Anderson looked the "cheapest" of the bunch, the Pella looked better but the muntins look kind of clunky, the Marvin was beautiful but very stiff to operate and too much $$$. Truthfully, I thought the Jeld-Wen looked as nice as the Marvin. IMO it captured the historic look the best, but I know Jeld-Wen doesn't have the same reputation for quality as the other three. Really comparing them is hard because we haven't found a place that has more than two of the choices side-by-side and nobody seems to have the Marvin Integrity at all.

Can anyone who has experience with Pozzi and some of our other choices comment on how the Pozzi holds up over time? Are there any other manufacturers we should be considering?

Comments (7)