SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

Give back something that would look good in Their house?

palimpsest
11 years ago

Probably close to ten years ago my sister and her daughters gave me an architectural element-type plaque. (It's a black fleur-de-lis with a slight gold wash on it, about 12" square).

I've always kept it kinda propped up somewhere: for me it's been a graphic-looking fill-in piece but nothing I would feature. In the rental apartment it's hung in the bathroom.

I am going to be hanging a fair amount of stuff at her house, salon style. She has a couple plaque-like pieces like this that also show the negative space of the wall through the outlines of the piece.

I think that the color shape and size of this piece would look better with her stuff than it will with mine. But how would you feel about getting a piece back? I would say "I know you gave me this but I think it would really work in this situation". I don't know if she would remember giving it to me in particular though. That period of her life was not good for her and she's had a head injury since that seems to have affected her memory a bit.

Comments (17)