SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilydilly_gw

I'm home, fixed and want to thank you all.

lilydilly
15 years ago

I know this post isn't really about organizing, but in another way it is, so... I hope it's ok to pay tribute here to this forum and the people who make it happen.

I just want to say Hi, I'm back home after being away for 5 weeks to have neck surgery...finally I'm fixed...just have to get better now. I literally have my head screwed on now...with the xrays to prove it!!

Anyway, I just want you all to know that in the 6 awful months of being pretty much bedridden before having surgery, it was all you folk on here who kept me sane. I read every archived message, and while I couldn't actually DO much housework, it really helped when I could do a bit.

I still have to do plenty of resting up while I recover, but I have all the past 2 months of messages to catch up on. Also, with the house having been "run" by a very caring, but totally undomesticated hubby for the past 6 months, and having had a teenage son living here alone while we've been away for 5 weeks, well, need I say more? I'll need you all more than ever, just to keep balanced.

I'm so so grateful, that you all inspired me to be clutter free, while I could still do some things. It has been probably one of the biggest helps in these months, having no unnecessary stuff to deal with. Also, I know, even while I'll still be limited for some weeks ahead, that I can cope, because of that.

We only arrived home this morning, and once, I'd have been overwhelmed by having to deal with "normal" life again, while still getting over spinal surgery, but just the thought of this forum is the best tonic of all. Thank you everyone for your humour, your care, for all you share, and for keeping me going through the past months.

I've been thinking of you all over there in the United States with the scary economic stuff going on, and hoping you're all coping with however it is affecting you.

Now i just have to put into practice all the good ideas I learnt on here.... can't wait.

Lots of love and cheers to you all.

Lily

Comments (13)