SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Why can't I weed out my unused stuff?

marie26
14 years ago

A few years ago, I completed a major organizing of my entire house. Then I moved to a much smaller, old house with no place to keep me organized.

But circumstances are forcing me to weed out all my stuff so that I only keep what I really need and use.

I've decided to start with 6 bookshelves that hold all my personal books. The books are organized into the following categories: medical, decorating, diet, how to start a business, how to write, organizing, legal books and self-help books.

I hardly ever open these books although they are facing me on the wall behind the monitor. I need to give away to the library the ones I never look at or have already read and won't need to refer to again. That's so easy to say but the fact is that I can't figure out which ones of those I don't refer to often enough to get rid of. Should I decide by cost of book if I'm not sure? Some are quite expensive. How do you decide which ones stay and which ones go?

I feel like my life is tied to those books. They represent who I am. Is that why it's so hard for me to weed them out?

Comments (10)