SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgmarie

Ugh! Why can't I make up my mind?

dgmarie
14 years ago

This is so stupid. It's a guest room. Why is it causing me grief?

I went furniture shopping today at Walter E Smith store near me and found something really pretty and completely affordable. I have a full mattress in the guest room and already bought the bedding months ago (about $50-$100 worth from Target and overstock.com). The problem is that the full mattress limits my bed selections, although I have found one that is lovely. If I had a queen bed, I could get the bed and dressers from the same collection, although even if I keep the full, the finish will be the same from all pieces since it is all from the same manufacturer. The full bed would be only a headboard, panel style.

This room is used perhaps twice a year. My children, who are small, still sleep in twin beds. I don't have plans to move them any time soon. My current master set is almost twenty years old, but like new, in a cherry shaker that has 5 pieces and way more than a guest room needs (it will all fit).

Do I:

Throw out the full mattress, throw out the bedding, and buy the queen mattresses and another bedding set? (the bedding set is discontinued and cannot be bought in another size so need to find another one.)

Keep the full bed, bedding, and order the new furniture

or

Switch my current master bedroom set (Shaker, which goes completeing with the bedding) to the guest room (my bed fits a queen or full mattress) and order new bedroom furniture for myself (which I really wasn't planning to do).

This is crazy huh? I don't know why this is so hard.

This is the bed (I would only get the headboard and the other furniture shown in the photo is not available):

{{!gwi}}

And this is the rest of the room (nightstand, dresser and mirror from the Mount Vernon Collection) all in the same finish:

http://www.durhamfurniture.com/products.php?product_id=59

I cannot order a full bed or headboard from the Mount Vernon collection.

Comments (12)