SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pinktoes_gw

Cart for housecleaning tools?

pinktoes
16 years ago

I have a small arsenal of housecleaning tools, each works well. When I'm cleaning a room, I carry what I can with me but can't carry it all. With my tile floors throughout, I need: a broom and a baby broom; a lightweight stick vac, a big-headed dustmop, and a SHmop with dampened cotton covers on it for damp mopping.

For dusting and furniture I use: a whisk broom for furniture; a velour and/or tape-covered pet hair hand tool; a thin dusttool with microfiber cover that slides in those 1/2" thick crevices; short-handled, longer-handled, and ceiling reaching lambswool dusters; a microfiber cloth or two, one for TVs/computer monitors; toothbrush or denture cleaning brush; papertowels for things too nasty to put in the laundry; a spray bottle of cleanser; a spray bottle of vinegar/water; a bag for trash. You know, just a few handy cleaning tools that work well for me! LOL!

So, they're everywhere while I'm cleaning. The dusters are scattered around the room. I'm getting clobbered by falling mop handles; the vacuum and mop handles are marking up the walls where I lean them. It's like I Love Lucy Cleans Her House!

Clearly there must be a better way. I tried Jeff Campbell's apron, but the hanging loops with all the heavy spray bottles just pull my pants down. Plus, no place to hang all the dusters or the vac and mops. Same problem with a plastic tote.

In the new house I will have a corner I left open in the Laundry Room to put a cleaning cart. But I can't seem to find the right one. Searching for janitorial carts I find things sized for an airport terminal. So, I'm looking at (smaller) garden tool carts. I do need something sturdy and stable enough to lean my stickvac and mops against while they're resting. DH can adapt something, but those long-handled tools need to point down while resting (their heads can be on the floor, just so they don't fall down). I don't want to have to flip floor tools over and insert their handle into a hole all the time; not till I'm finished in that room.

I'm a mess, I know. But you guys are so creative I know you'll have something to suggest. Don't say a cleaning service; that's not in the budget and I'd rather clean myself anyway without an invasion with its toxic chemicals fogging the air. Help!

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/outdoor-living/garden-carts/

Here is a link that might be useful: a few garden carts for my housecleaning?

Comments (16)