SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

need storage ideas for dvds and vhs

jockewing
15 years ago

Thanks to the inspiration on this forum, I have done a huge amount of purging and re-organizing at my home. It looks and feels so much better.

I have one of those rubbermaid chest of drawers with three large drawers that I would like to use to store the DVDs and VHS tapes that use to just be sitting on the chair next to my TV. I would like to find some kind of box or plastic container that I could put side by side in the drawers so the DVDs and tapes could be organized nicely. I have found wicker and something called "snap-boxes" at wal-mart. The wicker is too big to fit in the box and too expensive. The snap box is a heavy cardboard coated in a black almost faux-leather that snaps together with metal snaps and has a lid. They are almost perfect, but are just a few inches too big to fit in the drawer. Also, they are still almost $8 bucks a piece, and I'd like to find something cheaper.

Has anyone found plastic or cardboard boxes made to store DVDs and/or VHS? I experimented in the tupperware storage aisle at Wal-Mart, but all the $1 plastic boxes that would have been perfect were just either a tad too small or a tad too big.

Also, how does one store books? I have a bookshelf in the kitchen for my cookbooks and gardenbooks, but there isn't enough room. I am currently just piling them in those big tupperware boxes, but that doesn't seem to be the ideal solution, either.

Comments (20)