SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jiggreen

Total lack of inspiration, don't even know where to start!

jiggreen
13 years ago

Normally, I don't have a problem..but for some reason, I am totally uninspired by my sitting room and bedroom. The house was built in 1814, originally a tavern, but presently (and for the past 150 or so years) it's been added onto and is more of a farmhouse. In order to get to our bedroom, you must walk through the sitting room, and there is a door off of our bedroom that leads to a totally undecorated sun/sleeping porch. I need to tie the 3 rooms in together...but I don't want each one to look the same. Every color combination that I can think of I turn my nose up at because I've either used it before in my other homes, or I currently have a room done in that color scheme in this house! I can't find a fabric or painting that I'm willing to say "That's it, that's the scheme!" about. I've looked through books, magazines, watched tv shows..browsed stores and visited numerous websites and still am coming up with nothing. I'm so frustrated! And to make matters worse...my mom will be here in 3 weeks and I'd like to have these 2 rooms at least partially on their way to being decorated! (at the very least, the 40+ year old mint green lead paint needs to be covered up!) I've only gotten as far as exposing the original wood flooring and painting the wide moldings a nice bright white color. Everything else is a total question mark in my mind!

Where do you find your inspiration? And what have you done if you've hit a brick wall and can't get past it????

Comments (24)