SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

GRRRR!!!!! Phone Vent

azzalea
12 years ago

The situation:

Discovered Monday my landline wasn't working. (last call on my caller ID had registered was Sat. AM). Called the phone company to schedule repair. They claimed they couldn't come out until Wed. between 8 and 8. So now it's Wed. they call and say they'll be out between 1 and 5. Surprise, surprise--no one showed, so at 5, I called Verizon again. Was transferred to 4 different people. With each, I had to go through the whole story yet again. Seems the phone company cancelled my repair order and had me scheduled for a FIOS installation!!!! The word Fios was NEVER EVEN MENTIONED on Monday in any of the several calls it took to schedule the repair. And I've got this house up for sale (a fact I mentioned several times on Monday, since I'm concerned about missing calls re: that!) so why on earth would I switch cable providers at this point?

So now, supposedly they've cancelled the Fios order and claim someone will be here by 8 to fix my phones. Not holding my breath--it's almost 7 already.

The BPU (our state regulatory agency) WILL be getting a complaint once this is over. And I'm going to be expecting a decent credit on my phone bill.

I've had this phone # for 39 years. Rarely have a service disruption, but I can recall years ago, if your phone wasn't working, someone was out that day to fix it. So far, I've been waiting over 3 business days....

Seems a bad time for Verizon to pull this sort of thing--when we move in a few months, I'll be deciding what provider to contract for tv, cable, phone, etc. V. isn't making any points this week.

Comments (15)