SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Need help with Dell printer-GRRRR!

Kathsgrdn
14 years ago

I will never buy another one of their products again. Just got off the phone with their support person (someone in India who I could barely understand). My warranty expired so in order for them to even answer a simple question they were going to charge me $29. Nope. I'd rather buy another printer and never deal with your crappy company ever again.

Their ink cartridges are so expensive that I've been refilling them at Walgreens. It's been no problem until today when I attempted to print a payment confirmation after paying a bill. I now get an error message saying that I was using an "unsupported" ink cartridge, which is wrong, I just didn't buy a new one from them.

I've tried to disable their stupid interface with my printer but nothing I've tried works. Anyone know how to do this? I really hate to buy a new printer but this is really a bad time for my printer not to be working, going to be doing my taxes next week and really need it.

I sure hope all printers aren't like this now. I wonder if my old printer can be hooked up to my new computer? I have one out in the garage. Maybe I'll try that if no one can help me. Going to go to the computer forum and ask there too. I'm really ticked off right now at Dell. If I want to run the risk of damaging my printer by refilling them why do they care? It's none of their business and to have a built-in way to disable it if I don't continue to buy their cartridges really pisses me off.

Comments (7)