SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692983

How do you sort your recyclables?

User
15 years ago

We have a wonderful stacking bin holder for our recyclables right outside the door from the kitchen to the garage. You'd think that would be very handy, wouldn't you? Well it's not quite handy enough. I rince every bottle and can before tossing it. So needless to say it has to dry before it goes in the bin. My rule. I finally came up with a way that will hopefully work. Hubby liked the idea right away. That's a plus. Well if it means he'll work on using this new system.

The cabinet below used to house a small lidded waste basket that was made to use handle bags and one of those little hanging bag storage thingies, along with a short handled broom and handled dust pan. I rarely used the last two items since I prefer "sweeping" with my vacuum.

Out went all but the bag storage thingie and an extra hook that was in there that now holds a handle bag for trash. In went two shelves from the cabinet above it along with paper bag for storing folded boxes and paper trash, the box hubby's beer bottles come in and a plastic container for all rinsed cans and bottle waiting to dry. Once dry out they go to be stepped on and put into the bins in the garage.

While I have you here, does anyone know where I can get a can crusher? My folks had one and boy did it make things easier.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (26)