SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilquilts

moving out/in, same house, want organization

aprilquilts
17 years ago

I am one overwhelmed gal! We just passed the 4 month mark on our addition/makeover, renovation...whatever. We are on the home stretch I think, but I've been saying it will be 3 more weeks for about the past 6 weeks. ARGH.

We are having our floors refinished, and will have to move out completely next week. Most of our stuff is already out and in storage units, but the beds, dressers, etc. will be moved late next week.

The floors are set to be sanded/finished, etc. starting Tuesday of Labor Day week. We will be living away for that week. That is also the first week of school for my two boys, so I imagine it will be a pretty hairy time.

In any event, my goal is just to get through these next two weeks. What I would like to know is how to organize and get settled efficiently once I move back in. I really want this to be the start of a lifestyle change. I had been doing really well a few years ago with clearing out and keeping clean, but when we had some deaths in the family, it kind of turned everything upside down. Now, I can't seem to get back into it.

I keep thinking, "A place for everything, and everything in its place." The problem is, I'm not sure how to FIND that good place and stick to it. I can't afford loads of goodies, as this renovation has cost way more than we thought it would.

I'd love some help!

April

Comments (19)