SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendy_sullivan_gw

Step-son does nothing, We want him to move out

wendy_sullivan
16 years ago

My name is Wendy

This is my first post ever on this forum.

My SS lives with us. Has since he was 11. He is now 19 and does NOTHING. No job, no school, no helping around the house (unless we bribe him with actual cash) What he does do is Play guitar, smoke pot (outside) Play video games, smoke pot, hang out with his girlfriend doing nothing, smoke pot....

He hasn't had a job since last October when he used to work at KFC. Of course he did work for a temp agency for 2 weeks in Feb if you can call that having a job, but they didn't want him back so now he sits and complains about being "laid off"

What do we do? We have two other children 9 and 18 months (our kids together not Step children) and my SS lives in the basement and I want him out. He doens't bother to hide his drug use or his smoking cigarettes. He throws them all over the lawn and driveway...

My husband agrees with me. We are on the same page. We haven't always been together but now we are both fed up.

We want him OUT. We have considered many things to having him pay rent to us (totally unrealistic, he owes us lots of money from the past and we haven't seen a dime in over a year)

He got his GED and has been arrested and in treatment for drug use.

We considered getting him an apt and paying first and last months rent and dumping him off. But then I wonder about filling out an application. Who will give him an apt with no job? We are not willing to "co-sign" a lease and put our names and credit at risk.

Any suggestions?????

Wendy

PS StepSon's mom is not in the picture. Hasn't been since he was 11 and came to live with us so having him live with her is not an option.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES