SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marshallv_gw

Revere Pewter Help....

marshallv
12 years ago

Hello all,

My wife and I are building a home of about 2600sf, open floorplan, 11ft ceilings in main area, 9ft in BRs. We've settled on Revere Pewter for the main color. We like the greige leaning towards gray, light look. I have two questions.

First, should we paint the ceiling the same color as wall or 50% RP? We will have crown breaking up the wall from the ceiling. At first i thought it was a no brainer to do 50% RP for the ceiling but I put a sample on the wall next to full strength RP and the 50% takes on a more beigey hue than than the RP so i'm worried about the look.

Second, i'm struggling with a trim color. We've looked at BM cotton balls (kinda yellowy but still bright), White Dove (kinda grayish - maybe too gray with RP being Gray?), and Cloud White (bright, maybe a bit yellow but not bad).

I looked at swatches of Swiss Coffee and it looks alot like White Dove. We don't want the STARK, bluish white look of pure white but also don't think a "creamy" white will go with RP.....but we are color illiterate! The house gets quite a bit of light in main living areas.

Thanks for any help.

Marshall

Comments (13)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012