SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

Do you work best under pressure?

brutuses
14 years ago

I was going to comment on this in the New Habit thread, but I thought it deserved one of its' own because I'm sure there are a lot of people out there with plenty of comments on the subject.

When I worked full time outside the home I was always early to work, late to leave and worked like a maniac all day, under pressure, deadlines, etc.

Now that I'm home full time the only thing I do on a schedule is feed the animals, take them to vet appointments, and eat my breakfast. I just don't work well without someone there "cracking the whip" so to speak or putting pressure on me. I get other tasks completed that need completing, but can't seem to get myself on a regular schedule.

I know some people do certain laundry on certain days or vacuum and mop on others. I do these things as the mood hits, usually onnce a week, but never on the same day or at the same time each week.

I'm moving in a couple of months and have a ton of things I need to do, but find myself finding a million other things to do instead.

I did start one good habit of excersing 2-3 times a week, so I am happy with that progress.

I cannot motivate myself to get on the ball and do the things I need to do to prepare for moving. Yesterday, I had DH clean out his desk and after he finished it motivated me to clean out the floor of one closet. Big deal!!LOL BTW, that pack rat managed to fill a huge trash bag. I knew he would. He can actually see his desk blotter now.

I guess making lists of specifics would help. What do you do to motivate yourself to do the "chores" when all you really want to do are the fun things, i.e., look for new stuff for the house online?

What motivates you to stick with a schedule? Do you have to be on a deadline or under pressure to get "a move on?"

Comments (13)