SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kel3_gw

Teens Homecoming dinner--Help!

kel3
10 years ago

We (my husband and I) offered for my youngest son (a senior in high school) to have a dinner here at our home for he and his friends before their homecoming dance. The group that wants to come has now grown to 28 kids--yikes! We have a large basement so space will not be a problem.

What to serve and how to serve has now become my problem! I originally had thought of buying all pre made food from a local restaurant supply store. My son really wants us to serve fettucine alfredo (with chicken?). I thought that sounded "doable" (although this isn't something I have made before) as I thought that, caesar salad and french bread would complete the dinner menu (and probably another vegetable?). Anyway, I went to our restaurant supply store and this is not something they have. Somethings I saw there were lasagna, ravioli, meatballs and shredded beef. I do cook quite a bit so I'm definitely willing to make the food if I have easy recipes and things that can be made somewhat in advance.

Can any of you help me out with ideas of what to serve (simply) to this many teens? Not sure if we will have any help so assuming we will set up buffet style. I should also say we do have a costco nearby if there are any ideas of foods from there.

I have recieved such helfpul ideas from many of you in the past for different "entertaining/meal" dilemmas and I so appreciate it!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022