SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

One more time... Photos of your old houses please

golddust
17 years ago

I just posted a link to some misc. photos of our house in another message topic. It reminded me that I'd love to see photos of all the great old houses here so thought I'd start a thread.

Our house was built in either 1906 or 1912 - can't pinpoint it but the tax office gave us those two possibilities... We live in the Heart of the Gold Country in rural California (in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.) We have been in this house for 17 years and slowly we have done things that hopefully have improved the house.

We are always saying that we're going to get too old to keep up with it but will likely never sell because there is too much to do before putting it on the market. Ha!

Our house is fairly unusual for our area. Most homes are older victorians with lot's of small rooms. Our four bedroom, three bath also has a full basement - common for the mid-west but very uncommon for California.

Hope to see lot's of people sharing. Can't wait to see whatever photos you have. Mine are disorganized but if I take time to change them, I'll never post them.

I have photos of our bathroom in another album... If you want to see those, let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Sweet Home

Comments (65)