SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Ceiling fan re-purposed to the garage!

claire_de_luna
15 years ago

Hooray! When we remodeled last year, we took down our Victorian styled ceiling fan in the bedroom, for a simpler more updated fan with light fixture that fits the room. We saved the old fan, and found it again after we cleaned out the garage to have a yard sale. I thought (at the time) that since we had the fan anyway, why not put it up in the garage, over a workbench I designed for my dh. (He'd never had a workbench before that he could actually work at, and I just knew that fan would make the area much more comfortable to work in.) Well, it's taken a while, but the planets aligned, the temperature was perfect and Today was The Day. Hoooooooray! We have a working fan with four (ugly) CFL's, for air movement and plenty of light! It's a bit eclectic, but who cares...it's the garage! (I also have my grandmother's 1920's velvet painting hanging over a hole in the plaster wall, so you might say it fits the ambiance!) Having that fan there is inspiring me to spend the 20 minutes I (only) need to clean up the rest of the garage, because it has been so uncomfortable out there! Don't you just love when a ''re-purpose'' works out exactly the way you planned it?

You know what else? I noticed my Pia Hydrangeas are blooming a little too pink for my taste, and went after the Aluminum Sulfate in my gardening cabinet (to turn them blue) and put my hands on it IMMEDIATELY. I just love a well organized space! Now I know this isn't exciting to anyone but me, but...I knew exactly where it was. That garage had been the bane of my ''wanna' be'' organized existence for Years. No More! I am such a happy camper.

Has anyone else re-purposed anything lately?

Comments (18)