SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalie_bruner90

Ceiling fans to blend in, or to contrast?

Natalie
6 years ago

We've bought a house in Huntington Beach. It's a 70ies home with no particular defining features. There is a a big (about 15' x 22') finished attic with no lighting, and the whole house has no AC. The ceiling upstairs is white, and the room is nice and open. It's going to be the family/TV/music/library/guest suite room... That's a whole other advice topic... but I am adding 8 qty. 6" can lights and two ceiling fans, and need to get these fans for the handyman pronto.

My instinct is to get white fans, no lights, that will blend as much with the ceiling and leave the ceiling as uncluttered and light as possible. Because there may be a lot going on in there when we finally figure out how to best use this space. But then I feel like I might be missing out on a design opportunity, that could really elevate this room. Also, the handyman says gt 52" fans, I am leaning toward 48". 52" fans seems enormous! What are your thoughts?

Keep in mind, I am in a rush. I can't spend hours pouring over the internet looking for the "fans of my dreams". And I am not really ready to make design and purpose choices for the upstairs. We're still moving in. If I am in such chaos, should I stop the handyman on the fans and wait on the fan decision for awhile? Or if the cans are in, just let him get something up? I don't really want to buy throw away fans... Ahhhh!

Comment (1)