SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Ceiling Fans-Huge Dilemma--Help?

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Back in December, I went to a meeting with the builder. I found out it was not code to have a light in the center of the room (or ceiling fan) that is switched. I could have an outlet that was switched.

Eureka, changed them all to switched outlets except for MBR (need that fan to sleep).

Then my dh told me he really thought we should have fans in the other bedrooms because when there are people in there, they might appreciate having a fan. True. But I really hate the look. I found our MBR one on sale.

This is the fan for the MBR:

I would like for the bedroom fans to just disappear into the ceiling. I"m thinking of just going with inexpensive white fans for in the bedrooms. I don't want to spend over $200 for each of the bedrooms, which is what I keep finding. I'm thinking the $35 white fans from Lowe's might be fine.

But my dh says that for the study on the first floor, the room inside the front door, we should not get the el cheapo ceiling fan for this room. I tend to agree. Actually, I'd prefer not to get the cheap ones for any of the bedrooms, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Here's my problem. I don't want the fan to be a focal point. My taste runs towards contemporary . You know, I don't want the fan to say "Look at Me" when you walk in the door.

So I have found a fan that is sort of plain but slightly contemporary. Can you give me your opinion on if I should go white or stainless with this one. The ceilings are 9' in this room.

Again I want it to just blend away, but yet be contemporary.

Both have the ability to cover the light.

Actually, I'm not even against putting the one originally purchased for the MBR into the study and putting the other fan in the MBR.

Thanks.

Bee

Comments (26)