SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leahwalker_gw

At my wit's end with color!

leahwalker
16 years ago

I'm looking for a warm, yellow-based khaki sort of color. So far I've tried:

Powell Buff, Lenox Tan, Yorkshire Tan at 50%, Crisp Khaki, and several colors I'm forgetting the name of right now... as well as a variety of brown-based greens (before a warm yellow base I had the idea to go green - didn't like it afterall) such as Wheatgrass, Olive Branch at 100% and 50%, and even more colors I can't remember.

I've looked through the yellows/browns in the gallery and really REALLY liked "Tobacco Road" but when I contacted the company to request a sample I was told it's no longer available and they won't share the color formula with me to get it custom mixed. They weren't terribly helpful nor accomodating so I guess that one's out.

I could really really use some help in the form of suggestions. (I even tried a color consultant - very disappointed). I'm terrible at envisioning a wall from a chip, and my walls are starting to look like quilts from all the sample squares. I want a warm color. I don't like yellow as a color, but I LOVE it on walls as a feeling. I'm looking to compliment a palette of earthy hues - rust, olive, brown, ecru - iron, burnished copper, medium-toned oak, leather. The room has vaulted ceilings but gets very little natural light. "Light warm khaki" comes to mind - finding it, and recognizing it on a chip seem to be beyond me!

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! Here are some pics of things in the room, to give an idea of the palette. It's virtually impossible to get a full room view to do the way the space is designed. Umm - please ignore all the random color samples. :)

{{!gwi}}

Comments (35)