SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryliz_gw

Collections ... and limiting their size

maryliz
16 years ago

Here's a topic that might be fun.

What do you collect? Why do you like these objects? How and when did you start collecting? Do you make any efforts to limit the size of your collection? Do you have some sort of physical container that naturally limits the size of your collection?

I always have saved cool rocks, feathers, shells ... lots of natural objects. I had them scattered around the house in boxes and bowls, here and there. Then I spied a table at Ikea. It has a glass top, and two drawers beneath that are divided into sections. We needed a better coffee table anyway, and I knew this would be a great home for my collection of natural objects.

The best thing of all is that the table will limit my collection. If I want to add something new, something else will have to go.

I also seem to be the target of people who seem to think I need another orchid. As if I don't have enough already.

There is a table in the great room that is the home of most of my house plants. It is already quite full, and plants are overflowing to other rooms. I think I ought to apply the same principle here as with the collection inside the coffee table.

As soon as the weather warms, I will Freecycle some of my house plants to new homes. That way, my collection will stay manageable. And if anyone notices that some of my plants have disappeared, then I'll explain that when they gave me the new one, I had to make room for it by giving away one of the old ones. Or would they be upset by that? Too bad! It's my house and I don't want it to become a botanical garden.

Let me know about your own collections, and whether you feel like they've acquired a life of their own, or whether you have found a way to keep them in check.

MaryLiz

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH