SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlebitofheaven

Exterior paint color choice! Help!

18 years ago

Hi all - sorry long...I haven't been on this site since we redid our kitchen, and everyone was so helpful. I could really use your help on this one. We have a 100 yr. old I would call it a bungalow style home, but on the larger side (about 2700 sq. ft.). I would say it's a little unusual for the east coast. It is on a large piece of property with large gorgeous trees which really dwarf the house (among them are London Plain trees, a huge Ginko and an awesome very old and very large twisted Japanese Maple which looks like a monkey tree), and therefore we have quite a bit of shade. The neighbors are all McMansions and are several hundred yards away so there's no need to really be concerned about them, and they are all painted either a beigy or yellowy color. Anyway, we have a brick foundation and the roof is light gray asphalt with darker gray and green speckles in it. The siding on the house is cedar shakes and the house is currently painted white with dark green (BM - Essex Green) windows. The windows on the house are 100 yrs. old with old glass and they are gorgeous (a mix of french casements and 6 panes over 1 and 2 windows which are 10 small panes over 1 huge pane of glass) so I thought we should paint the house "a color" and paint the windows white so that they stand out. We have a 2nd floor sleeping porch which is 3 sides of french casement windows also.

SO, I've been sweating this one for the past 3 years I would say and I've come up with the color BM - Briarwood for the body and white for the windows. Does anyone have their home painted Briarwood? If so do you have a photo? I did a web search to see if I could find photos of houses painted Briarwood but found nothing. I also saw a new BM color this past weekend called Stone Harbor - anyone familiar? It's I would say a medium color gray with green undertones.

Thanks.......

Comments (13)