SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
softfeather

Video Tape Garage Storage

softfeather
18 years ago

Hello, I would like to know if it is a good or not so good thing to store video tapes in the garage? It is very cold here sometimes in the winter, 30's 40's, and hot in the summer 90's +, sometimes 100's for 3 days to a week, maybe once or twice a summer, but usually high 80's low to mid 90's.

(I actually do have one or two tapes of a family member from 22 years ago, yes they can last that long, unlike the only 10 years that I have heard about.)

Otherwise, does anyone have any ideas for storage of these? I know, the 'why do I have so many' is a subject all in itself. I got very harshly riprimanded (ie, yelled at)in another forum for asking about that, I'm not sure I'm ready to go into that question for help with that again anywhere. I am mostly at this time, wondering if I could store them in the garage. Maybe another time I could get into why do I tape so much, how could I pare that down, what's going on in my life, etc. I do have some keepsake ones I have in a photo box system in an area where there is a television, that I know I want to keep, and do watch or refer to from time to time, and later I will go through all the rest, (no, I cannot and do not want to just 'throw them out,' or look at the first thing on them, and then 'throw them out.') A time to sort those will come, and I may ask here about that because everyone seems very nice and considerate and kind, but right now I need to move the boxes of them out of the diningroom and livingroom, so how about putting them in the garage, or do you have any system that will work for this?

Thank you.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!