SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scarlett001

Feeling foolish - probably going to repaint house

Scarlett001
11 years ago

Some of you may recall that I painted my house Ivoire. It ended up showing a lot of green undertones, particularly in the evening (what I wanted was creamy yellow with some apricot undertones). I've tried to get used to it, tried new lightbulbs which helped a bit. But tbh, I am still not happy with it. It is okay. But it is not great. And I am now finding that the interior decorating I was looking forward to delving into is not fun at all with the wrong wall colour. Sigh.

While it is a smaller house, it will cost about $1500 Canadian dollars (similar to US dollars) to repaint again. I have vaulted ceilings in the main rooms and cannot do those myself and once painters come and do most of house, I may as well get them to do it all.

I feel so silly that I did not get the colour right. I was changing from light gray/blue walls and had no idea how yellow paint would play on my walls. I painted test boards and moved them around and even did patches on walls and Ivoire looked to have an apricot undertone. So this green undertone was quite unpredictable. It just feels wasteful financially to go back and repaint - while I don't have tons of money, I can find enough to repaint if need be. And I am willing to compromise and not do some other things around the home to make up for the painting costs.

Has anyone else made this kind of painting mistake? I am guessing that I am not the first person to have this kind of thing happen.

This post was edited by Scarlett001 on Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 22:35

Comments (37)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!