SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Is this foolish? (secondary bath c-tops)

nini804
13 years ago

Hi! I feel like I am starting to get bombarded with decisions on our build, and my dh travels for work...so a lot of this is on me and I am terrified of making a mistake! We are getting ready to finalize our plumbing, and all of the baths in the order have the undermount sinks. I have been thinking pretty much non-stop about countertop choices, oh, probably since before we broke ground! :) Our home is going to be a very traditional Georgian, with lots of heavy trim, etc. I am really trying to go for a timeless look. Anyway, the contract sheet we signed with the builder gave us a c-top allowance that included mid grade granite for all of the baths, kitchen, laundry, etc. Well, I really don't want granite for the baths (or anywhere, really, doing marble and wood in kitchen and marble in master.) I have three vanities upstairs (my son's, my daughter's and the guest.) In my daughter's bath and in the guest room bath, I have white painted maple cabinets with crystal drawer and cabinet pulls. I want pretty and light! I don't want to put carrara marble in there, though, as she is 8 and probably only going to get messier as she approaches her teen years. We had white cultured marble in our previous home and it seemed like a perfectly fine surface for bathroom. It didn't feel plastic, it was cool and hard and super easy to clean. But when I mention perhaps using it in the upstairs baths...people look at me like I have lost my mind! Is this a poor choice? I am assuming no one in my neighborhood has it...but if it suits my look, I don't care about that. I just don't want to find out there is some hidden downside that I didn't know about or something. Plus, I need to decide very soon, as I won't need those undermount sinks as it is integrated. Thanks for reading this long mess! :)

Comments (13)