SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

JCPenney pricing changes

gsciencechick
12 years ago

Did anyone see this on the news? Doesn't surprise me because anything I've bought for the home, I wait for a huge sale and buy it: blinds, rugs, etc.

Here is a quote from the MSNBC article:

". . . only 0.2 percent of sales came from full price items. He also said Penney's 590 unique promotions a year were confusing and failed to draw shoppers. Some 72 percent of Penney revenue came last year from items discounted at least 50 percent."

This seems to be a good idea

"Sale prices become everyday prices. The company will use sales data from last year to slash prices on all merchandise at least 40 percent or lower than the previous year's prices. So, a woman's St. John's Bay blouse regularly priced at $14.99 could have the "Every Day" price of $7.

Fewer sales. The retailer will pick items to go on sale each month for a "Monthly Value." For instance, in February, it might be jewelry for Valentine's Day and in December it could be Christmas decorations. Items that don't sell well would go on clearance and be tagged "Best Price," signaling to customers that's the cheapest price. "

Here is a link that might be useful: MSNBC article

Comments (55)