SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliet3_gw

Does Anyone Have JCPenney's Brand Non-Stick Pans?

juliet3
15 years ago

I am looking for an inexpensive non-stick 12" skillet. I didn't like anything I saw at Bed Bath & Beyond or Target - either too heavy, too flimsy, or surprisingly expensive! I think 12" pans are typically pretty high-priced.

I saw two 12" non-stick pans at JCPenney, in their "Cooks" line which is the JCPenney house brand. One pan is hard-anodized, and one is tri-ply. The price is great for either of them. Both pans had stickers that said "Whitford Eclipse coating", which I know is just another company's version of Dupont's teflon. But I did a little research, and some blogs and reviews said that the Whitford Eclipse is somewhat superior to Dupont's. I am not expecting years of use; but a couple of years would be nice, and also even heating/cooking would be good too. So I was wondering if anyone has either of these pans (linked below), and could give me feedback. Also, would one of these pans be a better choice than the other?

(Please, no discussions on the dangers of non-stick coatings, or the superiority of cast iron. I have read those other threads. I just want feedback on these non-stick pans, or any other non-stick pans that are reasonably priced. Thanks.)

JCPenney's 12" Tri-ply Nonstick Pan

JCPenney's 12" Hard Anodized Skillet

Comments (8)