SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

White tomato uses and kitchen misadventures...

agmss15
9 years ago

I realize people must be over tomato posts - but what does one do with a bunch huge white tomatoes? I had a couple sitting on the counter awaiting my attention - then I realized it was time to check my various boxes/bags of ripening tomatoes. Oh boy! Attempting a funny looking pasta sauce but 7 tomatoes made 12 cups chopped. Many more to go....

My sister and I participated in an open studio event this weekend. I wanted to try to make something special. I found a recipe for halvah on youtube. It required bringing a sugar syrup to hard ball and adding tahini vanilla and nuts. First attempt at the syrup turned into a crystallized mess. Second try went better until I mixed the syrup into the tahini. Crystallized immediately and formed sand - delicious halvah flavoured sand but nonetheless sand. I see a bunch of crumbcakes in my future. A halvah sandies.

Last evening my cat Pulga went out and did not come back. Leaving me in the house with her 5 10 day old kittens. At 11 I was annoyed and wanted to go to bed. At 12:30 I was worried and searching homemade kitten formulas. I had the ingredients for one recipe - but old old old. Finally made an evil looking concoction. Walked the dog before attempting feeding the kittens. Pulga showed up covered with sap. Something must have treed her. Whew. Evil concoction can be trashed and next trip to town will pick up formula.

Comments (14)