SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerseygirl07067

dismantling all of my photo albums to save space, am I crazy?

jerseygirl07067
11 years ago

I have a ton of photo albums from the past 20 years (mostly pre-kids, back college days,and those wild and crazy single days, lol) I now have 3 small children, and have decided to convert my office into a 3rd bedroom. The albums take up so much space, and I'm thinking of dismantling them all, as they literally take up a full bookcase, which I need to get rid of, for her bedroom. A lot are in those magnetic albums, which, I have learned, are not good for pictures anyway.

I have thought of using photoboxes, or one of those plastic boxes where you can index pictures in smaller little boxes and store them. One box holds 1000 photos. I could honestly get all of my albums in one of these and have so much more space.

Will I regret this? I mean, I have somehow managed to put my pics in albums throughout my life, but the albums are so bulky. I even went to my 25th college reunion last year and didn't bring the albums because they were so bulky to fly with, but my friend just brought all of hers in a photobox and we had so much fun looking at them.

I definitely don't want to put them on my computer or scan them, I love having the actual pics. As much as I love technology, I guess I'm a dinosaur when it comes to pictures, lol.

Comments (15)