SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calibean_gw

My husband thinks I am crazy!

Calibean
12 years ago

Hi,

I could appreciate some additional opinions since my husband thinks I am nuts. I bought a 60 inch round mahogany table on Craigslist and want to buy some chairs for it. My husband didn't like the leather (and somewhat expensive) chairs I picked out. I would love fabric but with kids and a husband who regular have issues with ketchup and mustard fabric is not practical. I have found some super reasonable chairs and I really like them. (Although they are a little more country then I would usually choose). The issue is this, the are cream with a cherry seat (to coordinate with the table) and everything in my house is dark, mostly cherry wood or black furniture/cherry cabinets/black countertops. The floors are a neutral tile and carpet. I thought the chairs would help lighten the space and hope eventually to paint the family room a darker khaki and put cream drapes up. I am really getting tired of all the dark matchy matchy stuff I have and want to have a little interest. These are the chairs http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/dining_room/furniture/chairs/PRD~810193/HomeVance+2pc+Antiqued+Dining+Chair+Set.jsp

Really wanted to post pics of my kitchen/family room, but not sure how to. Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH