SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coastal_modern_love

Thinking of changing my island. Am I crazy???

I'm sure most of you have seen my dark modern kitchen pics here so know what I'm going to refer to. For the last year I've been tossing around the idea of sanding and painting my island. I am so drawn to all the gray and blue (or any variation of the two) painted cabinets I see. A family member is a pro-painter that would do the work so I don't have a financial consideration to sway my decision. My brain and heart tell me it is basically one of those easy-ish, cosmetic changes that would give my kitchen a fresh new color that it is desperately calling for.

People who know me are always asking what my next project is, and I can't get this out of my mind as my next big thing. I'd love to hear your opinions (the good, the bad, and the ugly-no scratch the ugly hehe) on how it would or wouldn't work and why. My friends think I'm crazy (it is a fairly new- 5 years kitchen) and they think I should leave it alone because of this. I do not fear change, and constantly try and find ways to change or rearrange my spaces. I love blues, grays, and every variation of blue or ocean colors. Most people either love my kitchen or they just don't. I understand it is different from a GW perspective and especially for my North-East location, but hope I can get enough opinions from all my friends here to help me think through it logically and not impulsively.

So what do you think? Just leave well enough alone, or go for it?

Comments (59)

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wow beagles! Thanks. Any way you could do gray?

Holly- the view of chairs is from my great room so you definitely see the whole island. And the side view opposite window is from the dining area and livingroom. The island is visible from 3 rooms. The stools were an affordable $99 temporary solution that lasted 5 years because I didn't want to splurge on nice stools with little ones. The little ones are bigger now but I am torn on what type of stool I want and between the 5 of us we can't decide!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

Here's the gray grabbed from that island picture posted above as well as a darker gray. Any other colors you want, just let me know!

And, just for fun, a green because I was curious how it would look since you have green glasses and gorgeous green trees out your window :)

• Related Discussions

Am I crazy to think I can do this in a seed starter kit?

Q

Comments (2)
    I too would be skeptical as it is far from the ideal set-up and you'll encounter several issues. But can you grow some plants? Sure. Lots of FAQs and discussions here you need to browse through before starting - the problems with kits, need for supplemental lighting, heating pads, how to use the cover, soil temps required for germination, why plants get leggy, etc. "Success" is a relative term. Some are content with what they can produce with what you have. Most are not. But it all depends on how much money and effort you want to put into it. The more reading you do here the better your chance for success. Dave Here is a link that might be useful: Growing from Seed FAQs
    ...See More

My husband thinks I am crazy!

Q

Comments (22)
    Hi, Calibean! Beautiful table! IMHO, I'm not seeing those chairs as being your best choice either. And the original ones you wanted with the nailhead trim would likely be a cleaning nightmare if your kids are as messy as you describe. I think if I were you, I'd keep a watch on CL for chairs where you might find a great deal. In this economy, I'm always a little reticent to advise someone to spend much money if DH doesn't agree. Sometimes they're truly worried about how to keep the family budget fiscally sound. So first of all make sure you're both on the same page there. Perhaps using the dining chairs even longterm isn't such a bad idea. Many homes now only have one eating area (at least out west where I live) even in the 2400 sf range. Perhaps we're more casual than other parts of the country. Good luck with your choice! BTW for you and many others who don't seem to notice, right below the message box is a place to post links so they're clickable. Just copy the address you want to link, then paste it in the Link box, then type a name for your link below it. It's simple and makes life easier for us to see your link without having to copy and paste.
    ...See More

Am I insane? I think that my GC thinks I am.

Q

Comments (19)
    The one thing to check, I think, is if the GC was trying to warn you off. Does he really want to work over the holidays? Do his subs? Are they taking their kids on vacation just when you thought they'd be working? The GC might want the job too much to tell you no-can-do, and figure he can probably make it work out, rather than being eager for your start date. If you're sure he and the subs are on board, go for it! And maybe add an incentive bonus for them to be done, cleaned up and signed off by January 25 (sooner if that's the quote), which gives you a week to get your act together before your party. Plus a penalty if it's not done by February 1. It can be done if everyone's on board. I only worry that less than 2 months over the holidays is awfully tight, if you really want them done in time for the party.
    ...See More

Thinking of boxing in my windows.....am I crazy??

Q

Comments (10)
    Thanks all, and Lil, you are right. That inspiration room is to die for including the high ceilings which I don't have, and that is perhaps my biggest worry. Anything that inhibits or blocks light is would seem like an easy "no". But I also think somehow the boxes might make the ceilings look higher, which could be good. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a box without a top so light would come through? I don't think anyone would see that the top is missing. Would be curious if anyone might have experience with that??
    ...See More
  • coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I think I love the light gray. The water glasses on the island are blue also, and green is the only ocean color I'm not that into though. Do you see the panel on the left end of the island- that is also wood. I don't know why it is looking like another steel leg. So that would be painted as well. Could you try a lighter shade of blue with a touch of aqua? This is fun!! Thanks again!

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

Sure. In the meantime, here's an option w/ just the stools changed:

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

Any of these colors look good to you? If not, post a color you want me to use and I'll grab it!

From your backsplash:

From the jars on the counter:

From googling "aqua/blue"

From your vase (might be a little too bright?)

• singingmicki
    12 years ago

I'm glad beagles did the color change pics. I have to admit that I don't think the colored island is as pretty as what you already have . The color you have doesn't feel too dark to me because you have the lightness of the counter and the stainless legs.
    Would a painted finish ruin the modern vibe you have? It seems it would almost need to be a slicker finish than painting the island to really fit in.

Just my two cents. :-)

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

Here's the gray w/ the leg done:

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'd love to hear some opinions on these! I think I need to process. The colored stools do make an impact as well. Hmmm... I have some options here that need consideration. I also thought about an all white island- but we'll keep that on the down low. Don't want marcolo to find out, it'll ruin his opinion of me!

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Just my opinion and so worth nothing but, by my definition your kitchen is very contemporary and I think by changing out the island you may lose some of that idea.
    If you are still using the turquoise accents maybe pick up some cheap grey ones in the colour that you are thinking of and try them in the kitchen to see how you like it with the brown.

• beaglesdoitbetter1
    12 years ago

And... all white:

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I do really like the gray. I think the blue color makes it look euro-modern, and don't want to go in that direction. I'm trying to blend my modern lines. Let's call what I'm trying to achieve "elegant modern chic".

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ohhh! White :)
    I know your all thinking it's super modern and it would change the feel of that. I really like the mix of old and new though and my accessories and furnishings now reflect upon that. For example the great room off kitchen has a modern feel but not ultra-mod. Belgian inspired couches, zebra rug, oh and the coffee table is being replaced with a reclaimed oak piece I found.

• djsaw
    12 years ago

I like the white and I would also paint the chairs a light blue.

• marcolo
    12 years ago

I don't understand why you're trying to deface your kitchen.

I can see changing the chairs. In the photoshoot, obviously it seemed necessary to bring more color onto the island with table settings, so a more permanent accent on the chairs would be fine. But a DIY blobfest on the cabinets would stick out like a sore thumb. Nor is there enough of an expanse of visible surface to make any kind of a positive impact anyway--you'd just make the current chairs blend even more into the island.

Why stop with random paint on the island? How about a random goose wallpaper border? Or maybe replace your vent hood with a random faux-finished tuscan fireplace? I mean, once you go random, why stop?

• djsaw
    12 years ago

On second thought paint the chairs turquoise, there is quite a lot of light blue in there already.

• xc60
    12 years ago

I would not paint the cabinets at all, and love them the way the way they are. I would change up the accent pieces and colors but think once you start painting it's too hard to go back and the island looks amazing already.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I like he look of a different color island. It sort of sticks out as a big centerpiece as it is. Gray or white with the white top would make it one solid color centerpiece. Then my thoughts trailed to blues. I'm not talking distressed or faux (??) just paint. Blue or gray or white. All my rooms are different but have blue somewhere to tie them together-on a wall, rug etc. I guess having a different color island seems random. Maybe it was a crazy idea but I think I still like the idea of it.

Oh, and at the time of the pics all the accessories were blue (my old stuff from an old white 80's condo kitchen) which have since been replaced with mostly white china and accessories. The bright knick knacks above have been changed out and I like a more elegant feel. No defending here, just trying to set the stage as to my thought process. Paint the lowers on my island or not.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Read it wrong on my phone- marcolo said "deface" and I read it as "defend". Sorry. If you see it as defacing, then whoa-that is a strong description, maybe I should consider it an impulsive thought and keep thinking!

• plllog
    12 years ago

I wouldn't have used Marcolo's language, but I have to admit I was thinking the same thing. The dark color you have now makes the whole area under the island kind of disappear, leaving the top and legs kind of floating. That looks great. All of the lighter ones (thanks, Beagles!!) pop the bottom out and say LOOK AT ME!!!!

If you want to paint your whole kitchen turquoise, that would be fine, but painting the island will upset the balance of what is currently a really lovely kitchen. I think it goes fine with the contemporary great room too. Sometimes you just have to let it be what it is. If you want to make it less modern, can the carefully chosen accessories for Granny's old mis-matched jugs, and use pottery rather than china place settings. You like mixing things up anyway, so mix!

Beagles's picture with the blue stools looked fine. You can play around with those, but please don't ruin your beautiful kitchen with paint!

• bigdoglover
    12 years ago

You do have a beautiful kitchen. I can also see what you mean about wanting to paint the island. However, beagles' blue stools satisfy that craving in me to see something fresh and cheerful there. And they contrast well with the darkness of the island.

I also like the grey, it softens it and I disagree that it "defaces" it or that you're getting random. But I'd use a grey that goes better with the grey of the SS leg. Since you have a painting pro in the family, you could always change it back, right?

• ice1
    12 years ago

From one that loves modern, I love you kitchen and would not changes a thing.
    I love how it is uncluttered and well modern .
    Leave it as is .

Ice.

• enduring
    12 years ago

I have to agree with leaving the island alone. I like it best as it is now. Your kitchen is very nice. Go to another room to explore your new ideas ;)

• annachosaknj6b
    12 years ago

I strongly agree that you should NOT paint the island. Your kitchen is so beautiful as is, and as plllog said, changing to island color will ruin the current careful balance. If you really need a change, turquoise stools would look nice, as would clear lucite ones.

• cosmo_nj
    12 years ago

Team Don't Do It.

• aloha2009
    12 years ago

CML - your kitchen as you know is my inpiration. You posted in a previous thread that hinted to me, you weren't as excited about your modern kitchen as you once were. It worried me because if my inpiration wasn't going to hold the test of at least a few years, what was I to expect being I am just not starting to transition to modern in my tastes.

The pic you posted, was the one the designer took if I remember right. Wasn't it staged in all it's glory? Assuming you don't set out your blue dishes everyday but use your busy kitchen, some of the splashes of color you have in the pic are missing. We are all seeing the staged product and not how it looks everyday. Other parts of the house are likely to have more permanent things (pillows, art work, rugs) that give that splash of color you are so longingly looking for. Your kitchen has to function, so the blue table settings get replaced with valuable countertop space.

You can see from this thread and from friends that visit that your kitchen is beautiful as is! One (of the many) thing I especially loved about your kitchen was the "bones" of the kitchen were fabulous and all you or anyone had to do to completely change out the color of the kitchen was to put in a new backsplash, and lights with a new color and you would have a completely different color kitchen. The blue is wonderful as is, but I know I can tire of something too after a few years and what an easy and relatively inexpensive thing to change with great impact.

I say leave the bones and show a little more "skin" :)

• fleur222
    12 years ago

I agree that leaving it is better. The surrounding cabinets are dark and painting the island would lighten it up to give it a "kind of floating in the middle of nowhere kind of appearance". I agree that painting the island would change the style of the kitchen as well. Accessories to change it up would be my suggestion. Even the stools seem perfect for the kitchen the way they are, though the paint mock up of the stools was okay.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok! OK! Points taken. Thanks guys for telling me I AM crazy in a nice way. I will put my focus on selecting some amazing stools then. There goes my budget of a nice filet roast dinner bribe! I'll move on and start a counter stool post. (with your help again please)

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cross-posted with aloha and fleur.
    Aloha you are exactly right. That was a staged pic and during normal use the kitchen is not displayed with such color. The only blue is in the tiny backsplash and pendants. Maybe that's what is bugging me. Especially since I DO plan on changing the backsplash to something I fell in love with that is white and gray, thus eliminating 1 of 2 color sources in the room.

• katieob
    12 years ago

Hi.

I agree-your kitchen kinda rocks as it is. Splurge on some amazing stools.

Curious: Why aren't you digging your Caesarstone Quartz Reflections?

Thanks,
    Katie

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

You're sick of it. That's totally understandable, we all get sick of even the most fabulous spaces. But trying to assuage this by changing it here or there may just wind up cheapening the whole, you know what I mean?

That said, if you hate the quartz (why? it's gorgeous in the photo. Is it not wearing well with use?), you could replace the countertop with more ease than irreparably slapping paint onto the cabs. A painted surface, not matter how carefully done, would be at odds with every other meticulously smooth, glossy modern surface in your kitchen.

Blue:

Gray:

All of the colors you are considering are in the same cool family. I love gray, but I think it just blahs out in your space (are you chanelling the Scando-Gustavian-rustic wave of the past few years?)

Have you thought of a real change by mixing in a warm tone, a la:

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

My guess is that you probably have the same problem I do. In the winter, with the shorter days...dark colors feel heavy and you want to lighten things up. I love your backsplash and I think if it were me...I'd paint ALL the cabinets (duck as crowd throws things) but that's me and I like a lighter brighter kitchen.

That being said, you have a lovely kitchen and painting bits and pieces may destroy the overall look. What if you wrapped the island with some wrapping paper, in a color you like and live with it for a few days. Sounds crazy, but no more so than laying a towel on a countertop, right? See if you like it, before you pull out the paint brushes.

And, if you do decide to paint, I like the light aqua from the backsplash, the light gray and the white. I think any of these would lighten up the space and give you a little more 'summer' feel. Hope that helps :)

• brianadarnell
    12 years ago

Coastal- I think the blue clashes with the modernity of the existing cabinets, etc. I think of painted blue or gray in shaker cabinets with marble (kind of like your other kitchen). I don't think it goes with this one.

• User
    12 years ago

Just a technical FYI, slab doors show every single imperfection in paint and are excruciatingly difficult to do even for a pro. Painting slab doors is a recipe for disaster akin to a homemade perm the night before the prom. If do you decide to change, don't paint. Have new doors made and have them professionally lacquered and buffed (EXPENSIVE!) or covered with a gloss laminate.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

With your kitchen as nice as it is, why would you mess with it? I think you are confusing permanent elements with costume jewelry. I could see if you hit the 20 year mark and were bored, but at 5 years, it is pretty and functioning perfectly.

I have to admit that I can't understand the people that trade in cars every 2 years either. Our reputation as Americans is that we treat things as disposable and that we are spoiled and I suppose there is some basis to that. Your kitchen undoubtedly is capable as a workspace to make and serve meals to your family and guests. You do not need the newest or best every 5 years. If the rest of your house is in such great shape that your focus is back on your kitchen already, I think it is time to travel (whether in your own area or far away) and use your budget making memories or to donate to worthy causes.... Otherwise, you are just chasing your tail wanting the newest shiniest kitchen around.

BTW - the only new colors for the island that are not a step backward would be the white or palest aqua to coordinate with the bs. Those colors are no better than what you have though..... Keep it simple and enjoy what you have. Happiness is not in having everything you want, but in appreciating everything you have.

• Bunny
    12 years ago

dianalo, I love your post. Not just about CML's island color, but about life in general.

• GreenDesigns
    12 years ago

If you have removed the colored accessories from the kitchen, that's probably the kernal of your problem. Without color, the black and white kitchen is literally colorless and cold feeling. The middle of short daylight winter hours adds to the cold feeling. Add the accessories back in and paint the chairs a pretty aqua. Other than that, there really aren't any changes that you should consider.

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

CML- What don't you like about your countertops?

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dianalo-
    " I think it is time to travel (whether in your own area or far away) and use your budget making memories or to donate to worthy causes.... Otherwise, you are just chasing your tail wanting the newest shiniest kitchen around."

travel is what I desperatly need, but out of the question for us work wise. We do not have the ability to travel more than every 3 or 4 years due to our obligations, and without getting personal about how I make or spend or give my money, let's just say the statement is totally off base. The only traveling I do is a 1 1/2 hr drive to a beach community a few days a week in the summer. My house is in pretty good shape, yes, because we pretty much do most things ourselves unless it is a major repair. The island thing is not because I need the newest or shiniest, just a color change. Let's not blow anything out of proportion and start flinging ideas of charity or dispense of income especially since you have no idea who or what about me. I am not replacing a 5 year new kitchen, just asking opinions of changing a color (in case your the type who breeze through a post without reading the details). But I don't see where you could have mixed up a color vs. a functional change?!

My walls seem to function fine the color they are but I do change or freshen up the color every 5ish years otherwise people start thinking the little fingerprints are part of the design ;) and like I said above, I have painters in the family.

• tilenut
    12 years ago

CML, you are pretty harsh on Dianalo, who is just trying to give you some much needed perspective. For my owm 2 cents, I think your kitchen is gorgeous, and the color changes you crave are better done with accesories from both a style and practicality standpoint.

• kitchenkrazed09
    12 years ago

When I read your original post, I first thought that you should change the color of the island, since your heart and your head were telling you to do so. I did remember really liking your kitchen, but only vaguely remembered what it looked like. Then I scrolled down to your photos and now think that painting the island will ruin the contemporary feel of it and really not improve the look at all.

I scrolled down through the mock-ups that others have offered and they confirmed my thoughts that you will lose something by changing the island. I do, however, like the idea of just changing the stools or the island counter. Just my two cents.

• kitchenkrazed09
    12 years ago

I should have added that I don't think you need to change the stools or the island counter, but if you did, it wouldn't change the contemporary feel of your kitchen.

• cosmo_nj
    12 years ago

CML, on a tangent, I am swooning over your beautiful built-in espresso machine! Do you use it often enough to justfy the cost and real estate? And I love the open shelf for mugs - is it as functional as it looks?

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes I still love everything about my kitchen. I didn't mean to come off harsh, just pointing out that my intent was not a need for the "newest, shiniest" like she implied, nor was I bored and have a need to travel?! Maybe she didn't read all the posts, not sure. Implying people should take their budget and donate to charity or travel on a post that clearly states changing a color is just weird ( not to be harsh). I am happy and appreciate my home and my hard work, including what I do for others.

I can see that changing the color would not be a good idea (thanks to all the "team don't do it's") and think maybe it's time to get the counterstools I wanted. I have no problem hearing all the valid reasons against my idea! And have made my decision based on them. Just let's nit get off track people ;)

Thanks again beagles and circus peanut for the visuals!

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

What about applying a sheet of aqua glass, frosted on the back, smooth on the part facing out, to the broadest section of the island that one sees from the other rooms? As I visualize that, the glass would be more consistent with the modern vibe than paint would be. And there's something watery and coastal about it, too.

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

Oh my - I love your kitchen. I love the clean and cool of it. I wouldn't change a thing. But out of all the "mock ups" I do like changing the counters to add a hint of blue or even gray. Personally I don't like the mix with the warm tone. And counte me as another that is opposed to painting the island. I think you could get the contrast you may be looking for with just a swap out of the counters. And probably a more economical change too.

So off topic question - where did you get the light - I love it.

• dianalo
    12 years ago

It sounded to me like you were bored with your 5 year old kitchen. I did read your posts and that is what I took away from them. That is what I meant by wanting shiny and new.
    What I meant about "travel" did not mean a vacation necessarily and was not meant 100% literally, but maybe focusing your energies elsewhere outside of your home. If you are ready to change your kitchen because at 5 years old, it "needs" something to freshen it, and you have spent a year thinking about it, then you may have lost sight as to what a kitchen is. It is easy to get on the treadmill of decorating and lose sight that the house is a backdrop to your life and not the other way around. Just like someone who gets a little nip and tuck and then keeps going back for more and more.

If your schedule is such that your time is very limited, then perhaps paying so much attention to a 5 year old kitchen is not the best use of your resources. Does the island color bother anyone else in your family? Did you think it was wrong when you first did it or is it wanting something new and different? I may have interpreted your posts wrong, but I saw boredom and wanting to spice up your life. A new island color would only be a momentary thrill and could easily be regretted if it does not come out as nice as it already is.

I am grateful that most of our renovation planning is done and behind us. I am glad to have our lives back and while there is still work to do and to pay for, can't wait until we have more disposable income and time to go out and do more things rather than spend more on the house. My family put up with a lot to get the house fixed up. I'd like us to have some fun and enjoy our new space rather than worrying about the things that are still on our "house - to do" list. A kitchen or a pretty house means nothing if you don't get to enjoy other things as well. If what you have been doing lately leaves you bored, perhaps there are other ways to add some excitement.
    One thing that may help is not spending so much time on GW. I know I fall into that trap at times and realize it has become a habit. I do find decorating and esp kitchens to be interesting, but also want to find the balance with other things. If coming here makes me want a new kitchen, then I will have to break contact cold turkey. A kitchen is not a 5 or 10 year toy. We all take such care in designing and in materials used that a well done GW kitchen should last well over 20 years. That is the point, isn't it?

• chinchette
    12 years ago

I love your kitchen and agree that if you took down the staged items it could leave it without enough interest. Yes, barstools would be an easy solution. But since you love change, how about ones that have slipcovers ( but modern) or something about them that can be changed?

Or just get some modern ones in a fantastic color?

• lavender_lass
    12 years ago

Dianalo- Your post is exactly what got me a bit into trouble on another post. People often spend SO much on their kitchens, that it takes away from the ability to 'change things up a bit' when they get tired of the same old thing. I move my furniture around once in a while, just because it's not working the way I had hoped or I come up with a better idea. I like to change paint colors and sometimes change fabrics, too.

For me, my mom changed things all the time in the house, when we were growing up. My husband's mom was the same way...we joke, it something didn't move, it got painted! LOL That being said, I don't change things nearly as much, but I do like to freshen things up or try something new. To design any room so exactly that there's no way to change colors or finishes, seems very limiting.

So, if a person gets very expensive cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc. it makes it difficult to justify change, without moving. Some of us move a lot, so there's the change. Others don't and I think we have to build some 'design flexibility' into our spaces. For others, maybe it's wonderful to have things stay exactly the same for many years...and I might not make any major changes, but if I couldn't change, then I'd want to, for sure :)

• aloha2009
    12 years ago

This thread has really IMO gone down a path that isn't accomplishinga anything but offending one another. All Coastal wanted to know was whether or not to change out her island. I'm hearing she is going to keep it as is.

Coastal though I like your bar stools, you indicated that they were never meant to be permanent. Have you had an opportunity over the 5 years to notice what kind of bar stools that you'd like to have? Bar stools can definately provide eye candy and wake up the senses.

I can see where you'd want to abandon this thread and start another on a more positive note of some of the new selections you are looking at. It's hard for me to imagine how this kitchen could become any better but with your great taste, I look forward to seeing your ideas.

• coastal_modern_love
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LL-summed up perfectly! I purposely have a few elements that I know I can change or switch out as I so please. I could never imagine spending 20 years with the same colors, fabrics or finishes. Those are the most easily updated materials in a home.

I also don't know if I will be in this home forever. I have children that may someday move away and I could possible move to be closer etc. We are a family who love the outdoors, nature, animals, traveling (yes we do travel but not as much as before children) spending time with our extended family, friends, sports, hosting parties, and the list can go on. My kitchen serves a million purposes not just the function of cooking, it is the gathering space for family and friends and the central location of our home. My life is filled with "spice" and have not a second to be bored. I also may check up on gw every few days and occasionally post and have gone months without even it crossing my mind (shock!) Having a pretty home/kitchen is important to me, because decorating is one of my passions. I do get to use decorating skills in my job but it is not my trade. I also love landscaping design and taking care of my many animals.

Ok so now you all know I'm not bored. I just have passions in my life that may be different from another's. You really do not want to hear what I do in my day it would dizzy you.

This is not the first post that someone has made assumptions based on a single question nor will it be the last. I take no offense to anyone's post here, just straighting out an ussumptuon. I would have started out my post like: help I'm bored with my kitchen.

I AM bored with my bedroom though, but will solicit help on that room another day ;)

Off to drop-off and pick-up!!