SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Help-my daughter is mad at me

jannie
18 years ago

My 16-year-old daughter is mad at me. I haven't taken down the Christmas tree and she says the house is filthy. Well, I admit it's cluttered but I keep the cat box clean, and I clean the bathroom and kitchen daily. I sweep,do dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum,and mop floors in these rooms. And I keep the laundry caught up. The bad part is there are still "hot spots". There's a big pile of clean laundry on my bedroom floor, and the Christmas tree is still up. But I have some health issues (lupus, kidney failure, and depression) so I find myself behind in some chores. My daughter is usually pretty good natured, but today she just flipped out. She grabbed glass ornaments off the tree and smashed them on the floor. She went up in the bathroom, pulled the shower curtain down, damaged several of the hooks, and shredded the cloth shower curtain with her hands. Then she stormed out of the house, saying she didn't want to live with me anymore. I meekly cleaned up the broken stuff,and threw out the shower curtain. I went to the store and bought a new shower curtain and hooks, it cost about $20. Now I'm waiting for DD to return. I know in some way she's right, that the house could be cleaner and neater, but she is not sympathetic about my very real medical problems. I see a therapist once a week for my depression, and will see him tomorrow. What do you think of my child's behavior?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations