SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

Would you mind sharing your opinion on my X-post? White paint

mamabirrd
14 years ago

Hi Kitchen Forum!

It is almost time to paint the walls in my new home and I'm having trouble picking a white for a large dining and living area.

I'm fairly set on BM White Dove (OC-17) for my kitchen cabs, the trim in the entire house, and all ceilings except for that large room (where walls and cathedral ceiling will be the same shade).

I know many of you have experience with White Dove. I actually had this shade in mind for my cabs since we started building 4 years ago. Funny how many kitchens I've seen completed since then that have chosen the same color. So I'm feeling confident in that choice. The kitchen area is pretty open to the big room that is my dining and living area.

I'm looking at BM Dove Wing (OC-18) for the walls and cathedral ceiling in the large fireplace room(s), which is a shade darker. Wondering if it may be too dark...or not enough contrast?

Any other suggestions?

Would love to see pics for inspiration.

So if you don't mind hopping over to the Home Decor forum to read my post and offer up suggestions for a white wall paint, I'd be thrilled and very thankful. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: My search for the right white at the Home Decor forum

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm