SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spider96

Pantry disaster- what should I do??

spider96
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a while, but I've been lurking. Our house will be done in about 6 weeks, and we are on a VERY tight time line. He is really rushing to get us in because we have to move out of this house for the new owners. He basically told me that we can't re-do anything and stay on the timeline, but we will be fine if everything goes smoothly.

I went to see the house yesterday, and when I looked in the pantry I almost died. It's a walk in u shaped pantry, and I vaguely remember discussing the layout with the builder and kitchen designer. Something was lost in translation, and I am not happy. Instead of just being shelves all the way around, it is a very strange layout. Without going into too much detail, the majority of the shelving is 24 inches deep! It is a big closet, and that's totally not necessary for storage purposes.

I don't know what to do. My husband said I will just have to live with it, but I really think I will hate it. The builder already told me we didn't have time to re-do anything, but I think this pantry will drive me crazy.

It's not the builder's fault because I know I was part of the conversation. I think I was so overwhelmed at the time that I just wasn't paying attention. I don't even care about the cost of getting it redone- that would be worth it to me. Should I insist on it? Wait until after we move in? Get over it and get pull out shelves?

Thanks for any thoughts- my husband will be furious if I even tell him I'm thinking about how to change it!

Comments (11)