SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
budge1_gw

stupid, stupid, stupid

budge1
15 years ago

I can't believe I just did this.

I had a sisal rug I got from homesense. I kind of liked it, but wasn't 100% sold on it. Thought it might be that the paint colour in the room was wrong, but can't seem to get myself motivated to get the paint on the wall.

I found what I thought was the perfect rug, but it only came in a size too big for the living room. Since it was the perfect rug, I bought it anyways and rolled up the old rug and put it down. Of course it looked stupid because it was too big. I moved it into the dining room end of the room where it looked great.

DH says I'm an idiot (but in a nice way) and that I better sell the old rug rather than have it taking up space all rolled up in the basement. I put it on craig's list and a nice couple come right away to buy it. As I'm unrolling it in the living room to show it to them, I realize it is a perfect match for the new rug that is now in dining room and that the two complement each other beautifully. Ugh. So I've got this couple there with cash in hand saying they love it, my brain does not work too fast so I don't come up with an excuse and let them walk out of the house with it.

Not only that but the next day I'm at homesense and they have matching smaller size ones that I need for the front entrance. Double ugh.

Please commence to beating my over the head with cyber brooms.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals