SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indy_anna

I just need to vent

Indy_Anna
16 years ago

DH's school schedule is driving me crazy, and yesterday I realized I'm becoming very resentful towards him. It's not his fault. He doesn't make the schedule, he's just required to follow it.

He's been working with the transplant team for about a month now, and that requires an 80 hour week with VERY unpredicatable hours. Yesterday, at 3pm, they were notified of a donor. So, they headed to the airport, flew 45 minutes south and performed the surgery. He got home around 8:45pm.

I DO know this isn't his fault. It's not like he's skipping out on us or anything. It just makes everything harder when your partner isn't around. The kids miss him terribly. And I miss his company and his help around the house. Our house is a pit because I'm still learning how to handle two kids and everything else by myself.

DH just emailed to ask which day this weekend would be best for him to have off. And I find myself not hardly caring anymore. His days off are just as frustrating. Since he normally gets up at 4am, I let him sleep later, but that means getting up with the kids at 6 or 7am, occupying them and keeping them quiet until DH wakes up. Then, DH just wants to relax around the house, but I want to get stuff DONE because I have another set of hands around.

I don't BLAME him for any of this. This is the life we chose when he decided to go to school, but the impact doesn't really hit until you're in the midst of it.

I'm throwing myself a pity party, and I know it. I feel like I'm all by myself trying to raise our kids and keep everything moving smoothly.

I think I just need a hug right now and a good cry. Thanks, Audrey

Comments (15)