SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyd_gw

I just need to vent...

kathyd
17 years ago

Had the worst day at work today. It's 4am and I still can't sleep. The department voted not to renew my contract, which in academic-speak means we want you fired. I know it's just one member who managed to sway the other members with irrelevant stuff about his irrelevant agenda. The man has control issues. The final word will come from the Provost but still. I'm so frustrated I could scream. I don't know how I managed to read this nonsense five minutes before I had to teach and stay composed enough for class. I kept it together and was there 10-8 today. But I am ready to snap. My boss is saying the most ridiculous nonsense that I failed to attend events that never happened.

This still has to go through another committee and I've already emailed one of the memebers there. She's a friend of my mom's and will speak up for me. I need to write a rebuttal to what my idiot boss said. I've had to email him three times today to see if he can provide me a list of the dates and times he thinks I missed. He wants me to "stop by" Friday. I said, sure, how's about when I get here at 7:30am? Oh no, after 9 he says. I'm not having it. I'm not getting drawn into a conversation about how he "feels" I don't do enough service when he cannot even tell me which events I missed. (There weren't any events, we didn't have anyone organizing them!)

I"m just so tired and frustrated. I leave work feeling like I've been hit by a Mack truck. I'm being asked to do the work of an entire department and most ridiculous of all...I work in a school of engineering that doesn't have any math faculty!

I just needed to get that off my chest. Chocolates would be welcome....very welcome.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions