SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ekcs400

I just need to vent

ekcs400
16 years ago

I know that I just need to vent, so I am getting it out here rather than at home. My ss just called from school and wanted me to go and get him b/c he has a stupid bracket loose on his braces. We paid several thousands of dollars for the dumb things and the orthodontist is closed and I don't think he needs to leave school for something so stupid. Also, he has had a bad habit in the past of wanting to leave school b/c he was bored, etc. Anyway, I told him to put some wax on it and that I would make an appt for tomorrow to have it fixed. I hate going to that dr. b/c it always takes over an hour (even appts that are supposed to be 15 mins) b/c my SS has screwed up his braces in some way and they always have to fix something extra. Anyway, it drives me so crazy that I am stuck handling all of his stupid crap. On mothers day, he didn't even say "Happy Mothers Day". You may remember from a previous post that his mother passed away almost 2 years ago, so I spent mothers day comforting him and telling him to write a letter to her, etc. I do my best not to show that I am getting really fet up with this. I love him and I know that he is just a normal 13 yr.old boy, but sometimes, I really wish that he wasn't my problem to deal with every single day. I just wish that I could have a break for just 1 day of the week and everything would be fine. Even when he goes to visit his SD or grandparents or whoever for a night, he ends up calling me or his dad and asking if we can come and get him early b/c he is bored, etc. Also, he keeps asking me for my things and I feel bad and I give him them and then I am resentful, but I feel like I have to hold it in. On days like this, I am just counting off the years until he is out of the house and not my problem anymore. Anyway, sorry about the venting, but it really helps me alot. I know that I will be fine and I will continue to love and care for him, but sometimes it feels so good to get these feelings out. Thanks for reading my post.

Comments (2)