SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Where will it end?

2ajsmama
15 years ago

Maybe I should post on building forum, but I'm here all the time so I just wanted to vent. 18 months after building a modular home, we are still trying to get all the trim (shipped with the house, tacked in place, I had to pull off to paint and stain). I won't even go through the list of everything we've had to fix, but a year ago the factory retaped every single seam in the ceilings downstairs, fixed some wall cracks for me too, I had to pay to repaint. Now cracks are coming back - DH says we'll wait a few years and then fix/repaint. But I had carpenter in today to put up window casing I had finished (plus baseboard in my bedroom I've had finished for a year), he says 2 windows are so badly done he has to pull the jambs and the stools and renail them before he can put the casing up, they're so far out the casing will never lay flat (it was tacked in loosely so I couldn't tell before). We've already lowered the bathroom door (many doors set too high in house) and found the header was bowed so he had to cut the sheetrock around it to get the casing on tight - and I have to caulk it and paint yet again. It looks like there's at least 1 window (in ds's room) he'll have to do the same thing to. I am just so tired for *fixing* things in a brand-new house just to be able to put the finish trim up! At this rate, we won't get the MBA finished til we've been here 10 years (OK, maybe 5, but I think more like 6-7)!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (6)