SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katjoy2

Layout change, now where do I end the backsplash? Please HELP

katjoy
6 years ago

We opened up the kitchen to the living room in our little house. We planned for needing a header and having to leave a small jut out on the wall to support it, the perfect natural place to end the backsplash on the left side, but once demo began we found out it wasn't a load bearing wall so no need for the header or the jut out. Great news! But now where do we end the backsplash?

A couple of notes about the layout: It's not in the budget to take this tile to the ceiling, so the highest we'd like to go is to meet the bottom of the range hood. Anywhere below that is an option. Right now we're planning on going straight across the wall at that height, but I'm not sure that makes sense on the left side of the window. The other consideration is that while I know we could add more shelves on the left, if there's a solution that doesn't require 5 weeks and more expense to order matching shelves from the cabinet company it would be a huge plus and we could possibly include artwork there instead to help the transition to the living room.

Here's what I've come up with so far for stopping places - 1) the bottom left corner of the window, 2) further to the left where the sink cabinet meets the peninsula, or 3) where the peninsula cabinet ends on the living room side.

I'd really appreciate some fresh eyes on this.

Comments (17)